Monday, November 3, 2025

foregrief

 it falls into the background, sometimes.
it sits anchored in the pit of my heart.
and its just a lump in my throat now,
another stone i couldn’t spit back up.
but all the words you hated saying, like I miss you
storm my mind with their armies (and their sleevies).
there's a waterfall behind your old house that’s 
flooding your yard. its where you kept the fireplace pellets.
I got high when i found out but
the comedown never feels as good.
there are two yards now
between you and i.
my dry cheek, my wet eyes,
the way i see your wrinkles in mine. 
i wish you a speedy recovery.

1 comment:

  1. This is really sweet and I'm sorry for your loss and it's nice to write poetry about it, love you

    ReplyDelete

quick poems based on phoebe bridgers new album song titles pt 5

 Bobby Eclectic guitar plays you off. The music always gets louder when you walk away, Maybe just to fill the space you took up. Even when y...