Saturday, August 15, 2026

quick poems based on phoebe bridgers new album song titles pt 3

 
Kill me

The dread will kick in soon. 
Each sonnet needs a Volta.
The glares will sometimes loom,
That’s what I always told you. 

You didn’t smell the citrus
That made me lose my cool,
Maybe I should smoke less
Or maybe you’re just cruel.

When the speakers pounded
And the bass made my heart shake
I gazed all around
And decided it’s time to wait.

LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN.
The STRANGER isn’t ME
LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN,
I think you might just miss me.

Don’t tell me I’m mistaken,
I was just tired of waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

quick poems based on phoebe bridgers new album song titles pt 5

 Bobby Eclectic guitar plays you off. The music always gets louder when you walk away, Maybe just to fill the space you took up. Even when y...