Saturday, August 15, 2026

quick poems based on phoebe bridgers new album song titles pt 2

 Lost boys

He got a buzzcut right after his thirteenth birthday.
I pretended I didn’t see it, your teenage rebirth,
When you spent minutes at the dining table and 
Hours with a microphone. Yelling until the cold,
Comfortable hours of the night, or until dad told you
To shut the fuck up. 
He feels bad when he doesn’t believe you,
But the anger is a symptom.
The pharmacist loves us, 
But sometimes I wish they’d mix our prescriptions up.

2 comments:

  1. Last line is like getting hit over the head with a brick. Nice work -ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you i miss you how much do i owe you for the noise complaint -maggie

      Delete

quick poems based on phoebe bridgers new album song titles pt 5

 Bobby Eclectic guitar plays you off. The music always gets louder when you walk away, Maybe just to fill the space you took up. Even when y...